Monday, February 7, 2011

Slow But Steady

Things have been going well in the system. I have had a few more fish deaths. The fish all appera to seem fine when i observe them in the tank. In the last week I have found a floating fish every other morning when I do my first daily check and feed. I am not sure what is going on but I see that the gold fish may not be hardy enough. It is apparent. My water quality has seemed to stay stable. I have not noticed an increase in ammonia, nitrite or nitrate and my pH is stable somewhere between 7.0 and 7.2.

The plants are looking wonderful! I have seen the first cilantro sprout emerged a day ago. Exciting! The other sprouts are growing quick and are becoming top heavy. I have turned on a ceiling fan to promote a windier environment and help those plants build strong cell walls.

Here are my plants so far...

As I thinned out the right grow bed I decided to plant the pulled out sprouts into my other bed. They seem to be growing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment